One can easily capture the desktop and share the recorded Video with others with a full screen recorders Free video capture software is very useful and you can perform various activities like editing, record video in a different formats etc.
You can record a screen using a screen recorder for a walkthrough of some repetitive task, or o capture your gameplay, record streaming videos. You will find this useful when you want to create a video tutorials or software reviews as well
There are a lot of screen recording softwares that are available for capturing high-quality video that you performed on your device. We are listing some of the best free screen recording software.
Best Free Screen Recorders
OBS Studio is a free, open source screen recorder with audio and live streaming tool available for Windows, MacOS 10.11+ or Linux. However, its User interface is bit complicated for beginners.
You can record anything from 720p to 4K videos. It also supports most common video formats like MOV and MP4.
Features Of OBS Studio:
- High performance
- Real-time video and audio capturing and mixing
- Ability to set up unlimited scenes and custom transitions -Facecam recording option
- Supports many of the major video streaming platforms, including YouTube, DailyMotion ,Mixer, and Twitch.
CamStudio is a light-weight and easy to use Windows Screen Recording Software. It provides great features for Screen Recording.
User can create industry-standard AVI video files using this free screen recording software. Users can convert AVI files to Streaming Flash videos (SWFs) using its built-in SWF
Features Of CamStudio:
- Records high-quality, anti-aliased videos in AVI Format
- Crystal clear results using Lossless Codec
- User can create FLV (Flash) videos with Camstudio
- Unique Video Annotation feature to personalize your videos
Apowersoft is a screen recorder for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It is a lightweight web-based tool and supports screen recording (audio and video) for desktop and Apple or Android mobile devices.
Features of Apowersoft:
- Records without watermark and with good quality
- Supports recording video along with audio from system sound and microphone.
- Schedule recordings in the future.
- Supports formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV – Offers customizable keyboard shortcuts to capture the screen easily.
It is a Linux based program for games and program recording. It has a simple User interface and user can Record the entire screen or part of it as required.
Features of SimpleScreen Recorder:
- Synchronizes audio and video properly
- Reduces the video frame rate when your computer is slow
- Shows statistics during recording
- Provides a preview during recording -Supports many different codecs and file format.
iSpring Free Cam
iSpring Free Cam is a open source screen recorder for Windows. Users can record audio from your microphone along with the sounds playing on your desktop.
It also has a video editor to trim video clips, remove audio noise, adjust audio levels and apply fade in and fade out effects for your video.
Features of iSpring Free Cam:
- Record entire screen, a selected area of the screen, or a single window
- Highlight mouse cursor and turn on mouse click sounds.
- Users can Remove background noise and cut out unnecessary parts
- Screencast will be a WMV video of HD quality tool to capture your display and create excellent screencasts.