You can see many Places where the Internet will be offering to access for free. so always wanted to use free Wifi in Public Area where the Access point Zone has intimated by Displaying in Board as “Free Access Zone”.
So Peoples always will Connect and use it without knowing the impact that will cause. Even more there are many way to Crack the WiFi Network.
Biggest Danger of using unsecured Wi-Fi networks
1. Capture your account’s user ID and passwords.
2. Log the data of online traffic accessed on your phone or computer. In this way, they can maintain a data of the websites you mostly visit, and plan attack from these websites.
3. Gain access to your computer, its network and data.
4. Launch a spam or malware attack on your device.
5. Hijack the account you are logged into, and use it for unscrupulous purpose.
6. Redirect you to a phishing webpage where you might give away your personal information.
What all are Risk you have to face by using Wi-Fi Hotspots and safty Tips.
1. Incapacitate record sharing on your PC. This limits the danger of an attacker to burst into the individual information on your machine.
2.Avoid checking ‘Remember me’, ‘Remember password’, ’Keep me logged in’ boxes.
3.Turn OFF Wi-Fi when not in use and always remember to log out.
4.Use different passwords for every online account.
5.While accessing free, unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots, avoid accessing sites where you have to login or give away your financial information, such as social sites, email accounts, online bank accounts, online stores, etc
6.Create strong passwords – avoid using dictionary words,
7.your name, birth date or pet’s name. Use uppercase letters, special characters, meaningless words or phrases. This post will tell you how you can create strong passwords using a few simple tips.
8.Always manually select Wi-Fi networks. Do not let your computer or smartphone automatically connect to them.
9.While accessing free, unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots, avoid accessing sites where you have to login or give away your financial information, such as social sites, email accounts, online bank accounts, online stores, etc