Windows 10 comes with the Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware feature to protect your computer and data from unwanted viruses, spyware, ransomware, and many other types of malware and hackers.
If the application is slowing down your productivity at work, it might be time to turn it off.
Method 1# Turn off windows defender temporarily
- Click Settings in the Start Menu. And then select Update & Security.
- Now select Windows Security from the left pane and choose Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Then open Windows Defender’s settings, and then click on the Virus & Threat Protection settings link.
- Click the Real-Time Protection, Cloud-Delivered Protection and Automatic Sample Submission switches to turn Windows Defender off.
Method 2# Open Registry Editor
- Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and Type in regedit
- Click the regedit icon at the top of the Start menu and select Yes when prompted.
- Go to the Windows Defender folder’s location and right-click the Windows Defender folder and select New top of the drop-down menu.
- Now Click DWORD (32-bit) Value and Enter DisableAntiSpyware as the file name
- Then Open the DisableAntiSpyware DWORD file Replace the Value data number with 1 and click on OK.
- Restart your computer
Note : In order to Re-enable Change the Value data from 1 to 0 and click OK, then restart your computer.
Some spyware protection is better than none, and it’s built in and free! But if you are already running something that provides great anti-malware protection, there’s no need to have more than one application running at a time.