For some time now, Facebook Dark Mode desktop has been a wishlist option and at the end users will opt-in to try it on their computers.
Facebook dark mode is a new look for the social network which replaces its regular bright, white interface with black and gray shades. It’s a minor shift but a major one.
To allow Facebook’s built in dark mode, you need to switch to the new design first. Keep in mind, that until later this year (2020) Facebook will allow you to choose between old and new design. Anywhere. The new concept is set to become normal.
How To Enable Facebook Dark Mode Desktop Version?
- Log into Facebook using your favorite web browser and click the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Switch to New Facebook’ in the drop-down settings menu. This will bring you to the new Facebook interface.
- Click ‘Next’ in the pop-up welcoming you to the redesigned Facebook interface.
- Select ‘Dark’ on the right side of the ‘Choose a Look’ popup. Click ‘Get Started.’
- Now you can start using the redesigned Facebook in all its glory of dark mode.
Note: The new design will appear on the Facebook homepage. However, the dark mode can be used as per the user’s requirement.