Wifite is a fully Automated WiFi Attack tool and the latest version of the tool released now.
Wifite was designed for use with pentesting distributions of Linux, such as Kali Linux, Pentoo, BackBox; any Linux distributions with wireless drivers patched for injection. The script appears to also operate with Ubuntu 11/10, Debian 6, and Fedora 16.
Wifite must be run as root. This is required by the suite of programs it uses. Running downloaded scripts as root is a bad idea.
Recommend using the Kali Linux bootable Live CD, a bootable USB stick (for persistent), or a virtual machine. Note that Virtual Machines cannot directly access hardware so a wireless USB dongle would be required.
Wifite assumes that you have a wireless card and the appropriate drivers that are patched for injection and promiscuous/monitor mode.
What’s new WiFi – Wifite.2?
- Lots of files instead of “one big script”.
- Cleaner process management — No longer leaves processes running in the background.
- UX: Target access points are refreshed every second instead of every 5 seconds.
- UX: Displays real-time Power level (in dB) of currently-attacked target
To download and execute wifite, run the commands below:
wget https://raw.github.com/derv82/wifite/master/wifite.py chmod +x wifite.py ./wifite.py
Please see the installation guide on the wiki for help installing any of the tools below.
- Python 2.7.x. Wifite is a Python script and requires Python to run.
- aircrack-ng suite. This is absolutely required. The specific programs used in the suite are:
Standard Linux programs.
iwconfig, ifconfig, which, iw