The Google support page for dealing with your Location History says that once you turn it off, “the places you go are no longer stored. When you turn off Location History for your Google Account, it’s off for all devices associated with that Google Account.”
But the AP report observed this not to be the situation. In case you’re hoping to close down Google’s capacity to see where you are, here are a couple of steps you can take.
To keep it from doing as such you have to turn off other setting called Web and App Activity.
- Go to Settings and click on Google then Google Account.
- Now click on the Data & Personalisation tab and after that on Web &Application Activity.
- Disable Web & App Activity.
To turn off location history:
- Go to the Data & Personalisation tab as mentioned in the above steps.
- Click on Location History and flip the Setting Off for each phone or gadget associated with your Google account.
iPhones, iPads & PCs
- Open Google in your web browser and sign in to your Google Account.
- Click on your Profile Picture in the upper right corner and on the Google Account button.
- Then click on Personal info & Privacy followed My Activity.
- Click on Activity Controls and disable the Web & Application activity.
Then again, you can explore to the setting by following these means:
- Click here to take you legitimately to the Activity Controls Page and then disable the Web & Application Activity setting off.
- Also the option for Location History is legitimately underneath the Web & Application Activity setting, which you can likewise flip off.