Google Pixel smartphone users reported problems on Monday, May 11th after overnight charging, where the screen turns black and unresponsive.
Several Reddit users report seeing a black screen on their Google Pixels after attempting to unlock the app overnight at a fee. All Pixel smartphones appear to have been hit by the problem.
Some claim that the issue of ‘black screen’ stems from a security patch that was rolled out in May, though some had experienced the issue before.
While it may seem obvious to a casual observer, the problem with the Black Screen may mean a different situation from one user to another. Below are the three common cases showing Black Screen problem forms.
- Issue due to No Power
- Issue due to damaged screen
- Issue due to freezing or unresponsive system
Solutions to fix issue with Google Pixel 3 XL Black Screen
- Try to fix this by restarting the device. Just press the Power button and hold it for about 10 seconds. Wait for your phone to end the reset sequence and see what happens afterwards.
- There are several cases of Black Screen triggered by a battery that runs out of power. Be sure to charge the phone for at least 30 minutes before attempting to turn it on again.
- App can often become incompatible with Android or other issues-related devices. You can restart your Pixel 3 XL to safe mode to check if you have a problem with one of the downloaded apps. To get your Pixel 3 XL booted into safe mode:
- Press and hold your device’s power button.
- On your screen, touch and hold Power off. If needed, tap OK.
- Your device starts in safe mode. You’ll see Safe mode at the bottom of your screen.
- Let your Pixel 3 XL run in this mode for at least 48 hours so you’ll notice any difference.
- To exit safe mode, simply restart the device.
If you have any of the above things in your Pixel 3 XL do not waste your time searching for tech solutions anymore. That means there’s just a deeper explanation why the screen is black or not turned on.
Let a expert manage the situation, so that proper evaluation of hardware can be made. Since the problem has been identified by several users, Google will probably roll-out a patch in a few days.