Search giant Google reported the Digital Wellbeing feature at its yearly developer conference. It is like Apple’s form of Screen Time which it presented with iOS 12. With Screen Time and Digital Wellbeing highlights, one could avert extreme utilization of a smartphone, and cut down addiction.
In the event that you have checked your Google Play application for updated as of late, you may have seen that Google Digital Wellbeing application update was accessible. The most recent update at long last removed the application from Beta and made it accessible for Google Pixel and Android One smartphones.
“The first step toward digital wellbeing is often understanding more about how you interact with technology in the first place. We’re introducing new ways to keep you more informed and proactive.” The company said at the annual developer conference.
To get started, follow these steps:
- First you have to install the Android 9 Pie update and then go to Google’s Digital Wellbeing Beta website by clicking here.
- Enter your email address and select YES on the Do You Have Android Pie On Your Pixel?.
- Once done you’ll get an email with an invite to begin testing digital wellness. Tap on the link in the email to accept the invite and begin testing.
- Now Google will ask you to download the Digital Wellness (beta) application from Google Play Store.
- In the span of 24 hours of joining the Digital Wellness (beta) application you will be able to find the digital wellness appear in your Android settings menu.
The Digital Wellbeing is intended to show to what extent a person has been utilizing some applications, the capacity to confine use, visual details and graphs of how frequently a client has opened their smartphone and what number of notification they get in a day.
At long last, the application, likewise accompanies a DND Mode, which forcefully restricts notifications to help you to stay, very much, undisturbed.