In its push to grow privacy options through its different platforms, Google presented an auto-delete feature recently. In case you’re a YouTube watcher and one of these worries is most likely your viewing history, which can tell advertisers and other 3rd parties more about you than you presumably need them to know.
Now, YouTube history can be eradicated utilizing that auto-delete feature.
Auto-Delete History from Mobile Application
- First open the YouTube application on your device and click on your account Menu in the top-right corner of the application.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the list and select the Settings option and then scroll down to the History & privacy section.
- Select the Manage all activity option and you should now be in the YouTube History page.
- Click on Choose to delete automatically located just above the list of previously-watched YouTube videos and that it you are set.
Note: You can tap Change setting under YouTube History to stop YouTube from keeping a history of videos you’ve watched and searches you’ve made.
Auto-Delete History From PC Browser
- In order to delete your YouTube history automatically from your desktop or mobile browser, head to the YouTube History website.
Note: Make sure you’re signed into the Google account associated with your YouTube account.
- Click the Activity controls option found in the Navigation Menu on the left side of the page.
Note: Select the hamburger menu icon in the top-left corner to expand the side menu if it’s hidden.
- Now scroll down to the YouTube History block and select the Manage activity option and from the YouTube History website, click Choose to delete automatically located in the box displaying how often the history data is deleted.
- Once you have selected your choice click the Next button and you will now be asked to confirm your selection. YouTube will also provide examples of some of the videos that will be wiped from your history.
- Select the Confirm button to save the automatic YouTube history setting.