After raising billions of dollars for its digital company from the likes of Facebook and Intel, milliardaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries has unveiled JioMeet video conferencing software with unlimited free calling that will take on Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.
Although there are already enough video conferencing devices on the market, Jio looks to be Indians’ first preference. After beta testing, the JioMeet video conferencing software has been available in Android , iOS, Windows, macOS and web since July 2nd evening.
Like Zoom it does not enforce a time limit of 40 minutes. Calls can continue for as long as 24 hours, and the company said all meetings are encrypted and password-protected.
What Are The Features & Options Provided my JioMeet Application?
- If the app is installed on any device (phone / desktop), either by mobile number or by email Address, a user will have to sign in.
- The high-definition app provides infinite number of free calls (720p).
- A user can schedule a meeting and share details of the meeting with invited persons.
- Each day, the app hosts unlimited meetings.
- Each meeting is protected by password.
- The host can enable the ‘Waiting Room’ without permission to ensure no participant joins.
- Allows up to 5 devices to support multidevice login.
- A user can switch seamlessly from one device to another whilst calling.
- Although Zoom shows four participants on a single mobile screen at a time (users need to click through several pages for others), JioMeet displays nine.
- JioMeet has 2 advanced settings for meetings. One, it allows participants from organization of the host only. If allowed, only users from the host organization, removing possible snoops from other IDs, can enter the meeting. Two, it does not permit guest users — if allowed, each user would be forced to sign up before joining the meeting, thereby preventing anonymous users from joining the call.
The firm says on JioMeet ‘s website that JioMeet meetings are encrypted. Besides this, however, the company has not yet released any information about end-to – end encryption.
How to create an account on JioMeet?
You can use the mobile or desktop app to build a JioMeet account. Follow the steps below.
- If you already have the app downloaded, go ahead and launch the app.
- Tap Sign Up > on the home screen, type your name and email / mobile number > agree to the terms and conditions of the business and tap Done.
- You will be asked to enter an OTP on the next screen if you register with your mobile number, or if you want to register by email, you will have to check your email account by visiting your mailbox.
- You can also sign up for JioMeet through the web, too. Only visit the Google Chrome or Firefox website, jiomeetpro.jio.com/home.
- Click Sign Up once the site has been configured, and repeat the earlier steps.