LineageOS is a free, community-built, Android 9 (pie) aftermarket firmware distribution designed to boost the performance and reliability of your computer over Android stock.
When it comes to budget smartphones Xiaomi is the best choice. Xiaomi offers loads of functionality at a fraction of a cost. The new Redmi devices deliver major improvements over Xiaomi Redmi devices, including a 6.26-inch HD+ screen, powerful processor, and long battery life.
This is a big update, finally. You can now download and install LineageOS on Android Pie-based Xiaomi Redmi.
Note: Make sure that you take backup of important files, images, contacts, etc. when you install a custom ROM that resets your phone and we are not responsible for any data loss or device damage.
LineageOS are based on Android Pie. Lineage OS will contain all of the latest Android Pie 9.0. Lineage OS features as one of the first custom ROMs to bring Android Pie to its users. If you are using Xiaomi Redmi to install android Pie or LineageOS, then you can follow this guide.
How To Install LineageOS On Xiaomi And Redmi Devices?
- Download the required ROM and GApps files by clicking here.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Then reboot your Xiaomi Redmi into recovery mode and make Sure that your device’s bootloader is unlocked and you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Now Boot into TWRP Recovery mode and do a full factory reset and data and cache wipe.
- Next Go to Install in Recovery mode and flash the downloaded ROM zip file followed by GApps file.
- That’s all After successful installation reboot your device.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope you will find this guide helpful and you have easily installed the Lineage App on your Xiaomi Redmi phone.