Kali Linux is the world’s most powerful and popular penetration testing platform, used by security professionals in a wide range of specializations, including penetration testing, forensics, reverse engineering, and vulnerability assessment.
After Reading this book you will be able to:
- Use the Kali OS proficiently.
- Automate, customize and pre-seed Kali Linux Installs.
- Create Kali appliances such as the Kali ISO of Doom.
- Build, modify and host Kali packages and repositories.
- Create, fork and modify simple Kali packages.
- Customize and rebuild your Kernel.
- Deploy Kali over the network.
- Manage and orchestrate multiple installations of Kali.
- Build and customize Kali ARM images.
- Create custom pentesting devices.
Kali Linux is not merely a collection of various information security tools that are installed on a standard Debian base and preconfigured to get you up and running right away.
Although Kali is decidedly multi-purpose, it is primarily designed to aid in penetration testing.
While Kali’s focus can be quickly summarized as “penetration testing and security auditing”, there are many different tasks involved in those activities.