Occasionally Windows 10 has to be restored to factory settings. Factory resets will fix many of the problems with Windows. Windows 10 factory resetting without password has multiple ways to do so. Here, we’ll show you how to reset Windows 10 device to its default factory state.
Note: Using these techniques you might lose all data stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Reset Windows 10 Without Password?
Windows 10 comes with a in-built functionality of resetting computers to default settings without password. Here is how you can do it.
Method#1Reset Windows 10 After Logging In
- Navigate to Start menu >> ‘Settings’ or press Windows key + I
- Select ‘Update & Security’ tab >> ‘Recovery’ section >>
- Then click ‘Get Started’ under ‘Reset this PC’ option.
- A new window with two choices will appear: Keep my files, or Remove everything. You can then pick any of those, and proceed reset.
If you choose ‘Remove everything’, you will have another option to opt for – ‘Just remove my files’ or ‘Remove files and clean the drive.’
Method2#Reset Windows 10 from The Login Screen
Windows 10 comes with a built-in feature of resetting computers without password to default settings. This method is useful if you can only reach without a password until the login screen when you forget the password. Here’s how you can do it.
- Click on the Power icon on the screen along with key press of ‘Shift key’ on your keyboard and then select Restart.
- Select ‘Troubleshoot’ option from the ‘Choose an option’ pop up screen and hit the Enter Key.
- Then select ‘Reset this PC’ option from ‘Troubleshoot’ window.
- Choose ‘Remove Everything’ on the following screen. >> Then proceed with either of the option in the screen displayed- ‘Just remove my files’ or ‘Fully clean the drive’ and then click ‘Reset’. The computer should start resetting now.
You’ll have to wait for the process to complete. After a few reboots, you’ll be shown with a fresh Microsoft Windows 10 update after that. Follow the configuration wizard accordingly.