Google has just released its latest update for Chrome version 75 and it comes with a bunch of new features, one of the most important ones here is the Secret Reader Mode that is hidden away in the settings.
Chrome’s Reader Mode is similar to the one found in Firefox and removes clutter from web pages so you can just focus on the content.
As per the report the mode works with news stories and text-based content as well. One can select Distill Page option from the drop-down menu present on the browser’s top-right corner.
Google has been experimenting with this feature on and off in the desktop version of Chrome for years. This Secret Reader Mode feature mode is
disabled by default and if user want to use the feature then they have to enable the same by updating the chrome version 75 and activate the same in the settings.
How To Enable Secret Reader Mode ?
- First you need to make sure you are on the Chrome Version 75.
- You can find the version details by clicking on Menu and then Help.
- If you are on Version 75 then you can skip the next step.
- If not then update Chrome to the latest version.
- Type chrome://flags/#enable-reader-mode in the address bar and press Enter
- Enable Secret Reader Mode will be highlighted, so select Enabled against it.
- Now select Relaunch Now button at the bottom of the screen to restart Chrome.
After relaunching you will see that the reader mode clears all the clutter and also removes ads from the screen.
Google Assistant Now Reads Out & Even Lets You To Reply WhatsApp, Telegram & Slack Messages
Google Chrome to Block Automatic Downloads Initiated from ad Frames Slot
Microsoft’s New Chrome Timeline feature Lets You Resume Browsing Across Windows 10 Devices