In the latest version of iOS 13.1, users can share the audio from one iOS device to two AirPod pairs or compatible Beats headphones. Most models of iPad’s can get the audio sharing options with an update.
Following are the list of devices to use the audio sharing feature:
- iPhone 8 and other later versions
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch second generation and above)
- iPad Pro (11-inch)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad (fifth generation and above)
- iPad Air (third generation)
- iPad mini (fifth generation)
- iPod touch (seventh generation and above)
The feature is currently accessible to the following headphones:
- Powerbeats Pro
- Powerbeats 3
- AirPods Pro
- Solo Pro
- Solo 3 Wireless
- Studio 3 Wireless
How Does The Audio Sharing Work?
Audio Sharing is a new feature and users can use this with compatible pair of headphones or earbuds using the following methods:
- First of all, bring two iOS 13 devices near each other after pressing the Power button on the Beat headphone .
- Tap on confirm in the popup or prompt thus displayed to use Audio Sharing and follow the on-screen instruction.
Note: You can also press the AirPlay icon in the Control Center or Lock screen or the device you are listening to and click Share Audio.
The main advantage of using this method is that each user has individual control over the volume of their headset. This method is currently available to beta users and will be available to all users in the near future.
You will have to pair the headphones of the devices you wish to enable audio sharing.For this option headphones should be in pairing mode.
After that, Follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth >> Connect the headphones.
- Select both the headphones while choosing an audio output option in the Music/ Video app.
Users will not have individual control over the volume of their headset using this method.However, users can use Powerbeats Pro do feature to do this.