Because of its unique features, Snapchat, one of the coolest social media apps, has a broad public. Whether Snaps, AI-based filters or Bitmojis are widely known and look exactly like you, Snapchat has you covered.
On 26th May a year ago Snapchat has provided an update to Snap Maps that I wish had been included earlier. Whether you want to share your favorite restaurant location or your new apartment address, you can easily send it to your friends on Snapchat.
Note: To use Snap Map, you must first allow location services on your smartphone so that the app can access your location in real-time.
How to use Snapchat Snap Map to share location?
- Open the Snapchat app and click on the Bitmoji icon available in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down and you will see the Snap Map tab.
- Then click on the Allow button and again, click the allow button to let Snapchat Snap Map fetch your location.
- You will now see the Snapchat Map and the location of your friends as Bitmojis.
- Your Snapchat location will now be visible to all your friends on the Snap Map.
How to use Snapchat Snap Map to share location selectively?
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Now scroll down and go to the Snap Map tab and click the Sharing Location option.
- Then choose Ghost Mode to hide your Snapchat location and you can choose to hide your Snapchat location from particular people under the ‘who can see my location’ settings.
- Finally you can also decide whether you want your friends to request your location in the Snap Map or not.