SoundCloud is a social network mainly used for audio track distribution. As we all know Tools for streaming online are not new. There are numerous ways to download audio and music online, but over the competition, SoundCloud has some advantages.
When you think of a social network as sharing the world in pictures and/or videos like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat, then think of SoundCloud as sharing the world in sounds.
Different people, SoundCloud have different purposes. For some, it’s a music and audio storage box; for others, it’s a place to upload and distribute podcasts; and for others, it’s a place where artists can directly connect with fans and get feedback on their material.
It’s almost like YouTube, but without any videos, because anyone can upload content that can be found by anyone visiting the site when it’s made public. In many platforms you should find SoundCloud and here is the list of them;
- Online – SoundCloud.com
- iOS – Free – Download Now
- Android – Free – Download Now
- Windows 10 (beta)
It serves as a free platform for consumers as well as creators of music content. Anyone can openly listen to and upload songs, but it costs extra for additional premium features.
How To Use SoundCloud?
- Simply click on the “Sign up” button on the homepage and you can sign up on Facebook or Google via your profile, or only use your email address.
This is a crucial step for a musician to label yourself. Tap the Profile Icon at the top navigation bar and then tap Edit. You can add links to your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more, and it will link directly to your account.
- Upload your songs by clicking on Upload next to your avatar in the top navigation bar when your profile is set. Up to 120 minutes worth of sounds can be downloaded with a free account.
- When you upload a song, check the name, add a description and mark your sound to make it easy to find. Most importantly, you might be able to add a reference to purchase.
- Before you upload your file, click on More options right above the Save tab. You can paste a buy link into the given field within these new options and change your track’s licensing and accessibility.
Making a Playlist
It’s easy to make a playlist in SoundCloud, whether you’re organizing your own songs into an album or collecting other tracks.
- To create a playlist and add your song, go over a track and click the Add to playlist button.
- Head over to your Profile Page once you’ve made a list so you can change the playlist.
- Tap on the playlist to go to your own Site to Edit, then right under the waveform tap on the pencil icon.
- Once you’re finished, without any commercial breaks, you can listen to your playlist on continuous play.
SoundCloud also places all your songs in one waveform, and you can conveniently embed the whole playlist as one individual.
Well, that’s a brief explanation of the meaning of SoundCloud.