Developed by Wondershare, the dr.fone toolkit provides a complete smartphone solution. There are dedicated tools for iOS and Android devices that can be used to recover the deleted data, transfer it from one source to another, unlock a smartphone, and do so much more. Out of all the solutions, dr.fone – Switch is extensively used to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Not just that, it can also be used to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone as well and other data types. In this guide, we will provide an extensive review of this tool. Let’s get it started with!
dr.fone – Switch: A One-click Solution to Transfer Your Data
The dr.fone toolkit features a wide range of modules and applications. Out of them, dr.fone – Switch is used to transfer data directly from one phone to another. Yes – all you need is a single click to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone. In the same way, you can also transfer your contacts, photos, music, calendar, videos, and more. The tool supports a cross-platform transfer of data. Therefore, you can switch your phone and move from Android to iPhone (or vice-versa) without any data loss. Here are some of the major features of dr.fone – Switch.
- The tool provides a direct transfer of data from one phone to another. This includes an Android to iOS, iOS to Android, iOS to iOS, and Android to Android transfer.
- You can transfer all the major data types between different devices. The quality of the data is not compromised during the transfer process.
- Users can select the type of data they wish to transfer. For instance, you can only transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Though, if you want, you can transfer your entire data at once as well.
- It is compatible with every leading Android and iOS device. This includes all the popular iPhone models like iPhone X, 8, 7, as well as thousands of Android devices manufactured by brands like Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo, etc.
- It features an intuitive and user-friendly interface so that no prior technical experience is needed to use the tool.
- The desktop application runs on major Mac and Windows versions.
After looking at the major features of dr.fone – Switch, we thought of giving it a try. Here are some of the things that we liked in the application.
- There is no need to root or jailbreak the device in order to use the application.
- It can directly transfer data from one device to another.
- The interface is extremely user-friendly and lightweight.
- Since the tool is 100% secure, users don’t need to worry about data leak or privacy issues.
- No data is lost during the transfer process.
- It can transfer all kinds of data between different devices. For instance, the Android to iOS transfer supports contacts, messages, calendar, photos, videos, and music.
- The free trial version is also available so that users can experience its features before buying it.
- The only drawback we found is that only a free trial version is available. To access the tool without any restrictions, you need to buy its premium version.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?
Since dr.fone – Switch has a user-friendly interface you won’t face any trouble to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone or vice-versa. In the same way, you can also transfer text messages from Android to iPhone and other data types like photos, videos, music, calendar, etc.
Before you proceed, there are certain things you need to take care of. First of all, go to your Android device’s Settings > About Phone and tap on “Build Number” 7 consecutive times. This will unlock the Developer Options on your phone. Just go to its Settings > Developer Options and turn on the USB Debugging feature.
Also, when you will connect your iPhone to the system for the first time, you will get a prompt like this. To continue, tap on the “Trust” button and authenticate the connection.
Step 1: Launch dr.fone – Switch
Install dr.fone – Switch on your Mac or Windows PC by visiting its official website. Whenever you wish to transfer your data, launch the dr.fone toolkit and click on the “Switch” option.
Step 2: Connect your device to the system
Using the authentic lightning and USB cables, connect both the devices to the system. Make sure that you have enabled the media transfer on your phone.
The application will detect both the devices automatically. To perform an Android to iPhone transfer, your Android device should be the source while iPhone should be the destination device. You can use the Flip button to change their positions.
Step 3: Start the data transfer
Now, select the type of data that you wish to transfer. The interface already provides different categories of data like photos, messages, contacts, videos, music, etc. You can simply select the type of data that you wish to transfer and click on the “Start Transfer” button.
You would have to wait for a few minutes as the application would transfer contacts from Android to iPhone (or any other type of data). An on-screen indicator will let you know the progress of the transfer process.
Once it is completed, you will be notified. Now, you can just disconnect both the devices safely and use them as per your requirements.
That’s it! With dr.fone – Switch, you can easily move your data from one phone to another instantly. It can help you transfer text messages from Android to iPhone and all the other types of data as well. We hope that this review would be able to help you understand how the tool works in detail.
If you like it, then you can simply visit its official website and download it on your Mac or Windows PC.