Truecaller is a useful application that identifies the unknown calls before receiving them. It is a major hub for the protection, against spam calls. The Swedish owned company, started back in 2009 has over 3 billion telephone numbers in its database.
How Truecaller Works?
Truecaller App is works based on the concept of Crowd Sourcing. It gathers data from multiple sources like user community and stores it in their database.
When the user signup for the first time, he will be asked a permission to upload the entire list of contacts. The entire contact list will be uploaded to the existing truecaller database of phone numbers.
Another major feature of it is live caller identification that allows user to know the identity of his /her caller during an incoming call. True caller does this in a two-fold approach.
It stores known spammers marked by the community in users phone thus allowing the user device to block the spam calls offline. And If the caller is not listed in this list , then it performs a live lookup during an incoming call and provide the caller’s identity to the user
How to Remove Your Number from Truecaller?
EvenThough there are benefits of having the app installed, it could lead to many privacy issues as well. The best way to be safe is to stop sharing personal information about you to any online service.As we all know anything in the internet is not secure and can be misused in any manner.
To remove your number from Truecaller:
You can remove your phone number from Truecaller by simply performing – unlist. Before that you will have to deactivate your account.
- On Android: Tap on the 3 stripe menu > settings > privacy center >Deactivate
- On iPhone: Tap on the profile avatar (upper left) – > settings -> privacy center> Deactivate
- Windows Mobile: Tap on three dots in the bottom right corner > Settings > Help > Deactivate account.
Once you have deactivated your Truecaller account, you can remove number from truecaller site. Here’s how to do that.
- Navigate to the Truecaller unlist page : https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting
- Enter your phone number with the correct country code.
- For example: +911140000000 or +919999999999.
- Key in the verification captcha.
- Click Unlist phonenumber.
Note: it might take up to 24 hours for the phone number to get removed. Numbers marked as spam cannot be unlisted.