The most simple way to remove software from any operating system is likely to uninstall programs from Mac OS X. In many situations, dragging the application’s icon to the garbage is all you need to do.
However, often apps store the files they need to run on your computer’s hard drive in other places, so locating them could take some detective work and Applications that you have downloaded from the App Store can be uninstalled using Launchpad.
So let us check the details on how to delete apps from your Mac.
How to Uninstall Applications in Mac OS X the Simple Way?
- First go to the Finder in OS X and navigate to Applications folder and select the app you want to uninstall.
- Now drag the application icon to the Trash, or right-click and select Move to Trash.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash
Note : You can also pick the app icon if you prefer keystrokes and press Command+Delete to pass the app to Trash, then clear the Trash and delete the app.
How to Uninstall Apps from the Mac App Store through Launchpad?
- First of all open Launchpad on your Mac
- Then find the app downloaded from the Mac App Store that you want to remove.
- Select and hold on the app’s icon until it enters jiggly mode.
- Now click the X that appears in the upper left corner of the app icon.
- Then click Delete when prompted.