There is no denying that WhatsApp is a standout amongst the most commonly utilized applications for smartphone clients today. Text messages as well as permits sharing and exchange of mass media files like pictures, videos and audio files.
WhatsApp sparse media files in your phone’s gallery considering the default settings. There are temporary files that take up a great deal of piece of your storage and in addition, if the settings are set to default, every one of the media records you get are downloaded into your smartphone.
In this article we will share on how you can change the settings to save on some storage.
- First open WhatsApp on you Android phone and click on the three-dot option on the top right corner.
- Go to settings and click on Chats.
- See for Media Visibility and Uncheck it.
If you want this option for selected contact or group, then follow the steps below;
- Open the Chat and click on the three-dot option on the top right corner.
- Click on View Contact and click on Media Visibility.
- You will be prompted with “Show newly downloaded media from this chat in your phone’s gallery?”
- It will be set to Default, Click on No.
Once you have the option set to NO, it will stop automatic downloading of media in your smartphone gallery.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and click on the Settings option on the bottom right corner
- Tap on chats
- Then See for Save to Camera Roll and disable it.