If you like or dislike Windows 7, the good old operating system no longer updates protection for any new threats that have been found in the wild.
Most of your older Windows apps should simply be running on Windows 10. If they worked on Windows 7, they would work on Windows 10 with almost no hesitation. Some older Computer programs are not only going to work but there are also ways to get them to work again.
How to install Windows 7 apps on Windows 10?
If you have a Windows XP or Windows 7 application that refuses to run on Windows 10, try running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter utility to allow the operating system to automatically find the best compatibility mode possible.
You may know that Microsoft is preloading older versions of the Windows compatibility mode. This is to ensure that on the newer OS, applications and apps built for ancient systems work correctly.
If you are struggling with these problems then take the following steps:
- First right-click the app’s Setup File (.exe or.msi).
- Go to Properties > then go to Compatibility tab.
- Tick the checkbox here which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose the desired version of Windows from the drop-down menu.
- It will either show “Previous Windows Edition” as an option, or view a list of different versions of Windows, depending on your device.
- Finally, pick the choice you like, and click on OK.
It should be noted that compatibility mode settings should not be applied to applications that are bundled with the operating system, hard drive utilities, and antivirus and firewall software, as they may open up security risks or cause data loss.