Microsoft launched Windows Template Studio version 3.0 today, its first real update since form 2.0 was launched back in April 2018.
The platform was made back in May 2017 as a kind of replacement for the Windows App Studio, and the group has been quickly included highlights from that point onward.
Windows Windows Template Studio, an open-source project, makes it less demanding for developers to build undeniable UWP (Universal Windows Platform) applications without writing a line of code.
The new launch brings bolster formulti-project solutions, Pivot navigation pattern, and some bug fixes. Here’s the changelog of what’s incorporated into this version:
- Code now generates as a multi-project solution. This will enable better reuse and separation of code logic. This now will output a UWP project and .NET Core project.
- Support adding new projects on right click
- Horizontal Navigation View is replaced the Pivot navigation pattern.
- Update MVVMLight to use .NET Standard library
- Bug fixes
There are also updates for the dev platform:
- AdaptiveCards to v1.1.2
- AppCenter.Analytics to v 1.12.0
- AppCenter.Crashes to v 1.12.0
- to v10.1810.16002
- to v2.0.181018003.1
- Json to v12.0.1
- to v22.214.171.124
There are some realized known issues generally will know about. You may keep running into a few issues in case you’re utilizing this with Visual Studio 2019, as a help for multi-project will demonstrate a NuGet reference failure. Additionally, Feedback Hub has been evacuated for the time being.
Microsoft also said what it has coming in future releases. Version 3.1 future builds will include:
- Menubar navigation pattern template (ETA is v3.1)
- Identity Login (ETA is v3.1)
- Improved Visual Studio 2019 support
- Azure features starting to be added in (v3.1 and beyond)
- Unit Test projects
There are two paths to update to the newest build.
- Already Installed: Visual Studio should auto update the extension. To constrain a update, Go to Tools->Extensions and Updates. At that point go to Update expander on the left and you should see Windows Template Studio in there and click Update.
- Not installed: Make a beeline for https://aka.ms/wtsinstall, click download and double tap the VSIX installer.